Should this be added?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamin

Forum Veteran
May 8, 2016
the sushi bar
This map looks very promising: It's something new and unique for Blockwars. @_The13thDoctor_ showed me around and I really liked it, but there are just a few thing I can think of that can improve this map.

The size: when I ran from the spawn place to the enemy core it look me 7 seconds. I think that's just too quick, even if this time will be increased by some walls made by players. I would make it just a bit bigger.
The map has only one level where players will pvp. At spawn and in the middle there are a few higher parts, but those will most likely be avoided due to there being so little room. I would make add some more blocks on height of the spawn and maybe add some tunnels in them for some game play.
There is a hole near the spawns of each team. I am working on a thread for tips and rules people have to keep in mind when making a map and one of those rules is: 'Do not make a deathtrap (void) which you can walk into straight away from spawning.' :p

God.

Apr 29, 2017
Hell
This map looks very promising: It's something new and unique for Blockwars. @_The13thDoctor_ showed me around and I really liked it, but there are just a few thing I can think of that can improve this map.

The size: when I ran from the spawn place to the enemy core it look me 7 seconds. I think that's just too quick, even if this time will be increased by some walls made by players. I would make it just a bit bigger.
The map has only one level where players will pvp. At spawn and in the middle there are a few higher parts, but those will most likely be avoided due to there being so little room. I would make add some more blocks on height of the spawn and maybe add some tunnels in them for some game play.
There is a hole near the spawns of each team. I am working on a thread for tips and rules people have to keep in mind when making a map and one of those rules is: 'Do not make a deathtrap (void) which you can walk into straight away from spawning.' :p
So that means Tree Alley shouldn't have that void hole at the start D: ?

Yamin

Forum Veteran
May 8, 2016
the sushi bar
So that means Tree Alley shouldn't have that void hole at the start D: ?
In Tree Alley there are two main ways to get to the middle, the hole clearly visible and there is a parkour. The main ways to mid in this map are straight to the parkour or diagonally. When going diagonally players won't be able to see the hole so I bet a ton of people will just run in because they don't see it in time.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
In Tree Alley there are two main ways to get to the middle, the hole clearly visible and there is a parkour. The main ways to mid in this map are straight to the parkour or diagonally. When going diagonally players won't be able to see the hole so I bet a ton of people will just run in because they don't see it in time.
Yes I'll be editing it soon :)
It's only difficult because I want to keep somewhat of a balance between the amount of each piece so I have to do some funny business to achieve that.

Reactions: Yamin and God.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes I'll be editing it soon :)
It's only difficult because I want to keep somewhat of a balance between the amount of each piece so I have to do some funny business to achieve that.

You know not every map you edit will get accepted good votes or not? I mean it’s not a guarantee your stuff will be liked.

Last edited:

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
It seems like Andy assumed if he makes an edit it will get accepted.
I don't mean to start an argument but how do you assume that? He accepted Yoya's feedback and will use it to improve the map.

Don't act like you don't do this too? And there's nothing wrong with it! In most of the cases maps are good just not good enough to be accepted straight away. Which is why feedback should be appreciated and taken into account to improve the map until it's good enough to be accepted. Your comment is ironic in a way xd

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't mean to start an argument but how do you assume that? He accepted Yoya's feedback and will use it to improve the map.

Don't act like you don't do this too? And there's nothing wrong with it! In most of the cases maps are good just not good enough to be accepted straight away. Which is why feedback should be appreciated and taken into account to improve the map until it's good enough to be accepted. Your comment is ironic in a way xd

That’s not what I mean.

What are you talking about, do you even understand what I said? Ironic what do you mean?

Reactions: Mossangubben

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
2020-02-08_22.06.43.png

So after far too long, I've made the map a bit bigger with more emphasis on the higher level.
2020-02-08_22.08.09.png

This adds about 20 blocks between the flags as well. :)
Edit: And yes no death trap either.

Edit 2:
2020-02-10_21.02.16.png

Thought that looked better than before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!