• NO

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

elMork

May 18, 2015
Spain
Hi Cubecrafters,
Hello, it's me (ok no...)
Well I've been recently playing to the new game mode BLOCK WARS and I wanted to create
a map for the server, this community map would be called: space invaders or whatever,
you may now know what the map is about but anyway,
SOME PHOTOS BELOW
I hope the map to enter in cubecraft and if it happens I was wondering if you could add
like a message telling: community map created by: elMork.
Thanks for all,
elMork
2016-01-05_23.00.57.png
2016-01-05_23.01.12.png
2016-01-05_23.01.27.png
2016-01-05_23.02.22.png
2016-01-05_23.02.49.png
2016-01-05_23.00.57.png 2016-01-05_23.01.12.png 2016-01-05_23.01.27.png 2016-01-05_23.02.22.png 2016-01-05_23.02.49.png

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
It looks pretty cool, however there's a lot more potential towards the space invaders theme... try googling some images of different space invaders "Characters" and use them also! You can add the helicopters, ect.

The_Dnl

Jan 3, 2016
This is a cool map, I love the theme, but (simply speaking out of experience here) if the accepting standards are similar to that of what was on The Chunk's, it's unlikely this will be implemented.
The main thing here is that it's completely clay and quartz, which is kinda ehhhhh. Now, cubies (is that what I call people who play the cube? eh idk im sticking to it xD) may find this statement a bit hypocritical or weird, seeing as about half the maps right now are made of clay and quartz, which suggests they are a good idea. But if we're to take account of the full stock of maps that (hopefully) will end up being implemented is that only 5 out of the roughly 30 maps are quartz/clay. The main reason is that their is no detail, they're overused, and frankly can sometimes just look plain weird. It also means that it's likely there might be a lot of parkour, which can be really annoying. *coughcoughBlockArenacough* So my thoughts on this are eh.
BUT! I will admit that I haven't really hung around here enough to see how things work. So yeh, I am kinda new, so maybe what I say is complete nonsense. But that is just my thought, so please, if you think what I'm saying is slightly insane, your probably not wrong.
I love the concept though. Space invaders! Invaders from space!

Reactions: ElieTGM

Anmazing

Dedicated Member
Aug 7, 2014
The map is pretty cool, maybe some more details. Also, It's pretty similar to "The Green Zone" map. +1
~AnmazingAdsome

SevereWarning

Forum Expert
Nov 14, 2013
Somewhere
Now, cubies (is that what I call people who play the cube
Well the server is "CubeCraft" not "The Cube" so we call our people the "CubeCrafters". :)

I do indeed like the map, but for some reason I feel it's a bit too simple. It would be interesting if you could expand the map with detail, or make it so it's a whole different map, but still relating to Space Invaders. :)

EdtrizzleMinecrizzle

Jan 4, 2016
This is a cool map, I love the theme, but (simply speaking out of experience here) if the accepting standards are similar to that of what was on The Chunk's, it's unlikely this will be implemented.
The main thing here is that it's completely clay and quartz, which is kinda ehhhhh. Now, cubies (is that what I call people who play the cube? eh idk im sticking to it xD) may find this statement a bit hypocritical or weird, seeing as about half the maps right now are made of clay and quartz, which suggests they are a good idea. But if we're to take account of the full stock of maps that (hopefully) will end up being implemented is that only 5 out of the roughly 30 maps are quartz/clay. The main reason is that their is no detail, they're overused, and frankly can sometimes just look plain weird. It also means that it's likely there might be a lot of parkour, which can be really annoying. *coughcoughBlockArenacough* So my thoughts on this are eh.
BUT! I will admit that I haven't really hung around here enough to see how things work. So yeh, I am kinda new, so maybe what I say is complete nonsense. But that is just my thought, so please, if you think what I'm saying is slightly insane, your probably not wrong.
I love the concept though. Space invaders! Invaders from space!

Pretty much sums up my first issue with this map. Stain clay can be used effectively, but everyone always uses them for showing which side is red and blue. They're occasionally used in buildings, but that's about it. Why not create natural entities like trees, grass, etc? They won't be as bright and eye killing as wool, and actually make for a nice looking color palette.

Another issue I see: it's too similar to Block Arena. It's literally the same style, but in a different pattern. If you replace all the clay with any other block this would be a cool map.

Everything else is fine. The bullets kind of worry me, but that's what the build phase is for. Maybe add a few details? For example, even though nobody would be able to reach it, why not add a "score" and "life" counter? Also, made add varying enemies?

Sorry if I sounded too harsh. Criticism can sound disheartening at times, but don't worry. With a little tweaks here and there, this could be an amazing map!

elonmuskisawsome22

Jan 13, 2016
space x headqaurters
I'll give some constructive criticism here. :D
I really like the map. This idea is great, and I love how you implemented it. However, if I were to change anything, I would alter some minor things:
1. Possibly give the map some sort of 3-dimensional aspect? For example, the ability to jump down to a second, lower level like in some current maps.
2. Add some more detail? Perhaps add in other blocks than stained clay to mix up the color palette a bit.
Otherwise, looks like a great idea! Keep working on it, and I'm sure it'll be accepted.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom