1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BGCBerxy Builder Submission

Discussion in 'Creative' started by BGCBerxy, Mar 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BGCBerxy

BGCBerxy Member

architecture student
    Home Page:
  2. Accountrowan01

Accountrowan01 Member

Looks very nice! :)

3. Accountrowan01

Accountrowan01 Member

make a little bit more terraforming. :)

4. Trickmaster

Trickmaster Member

A few things:
    1) If you could post screenshots directly to the thread, that would make it easier for people to view it because it would load along with the other parts of the thread, instead of having to click on another link. But this is optional, not required but it would make it a little easier ^-^

2) Please post your builds in the default resource pack, I see that yours does not change the textures much, but I caught the realistic sky in the background with the clouds ;) but we want to see it how other players will see it, and resource packs tend to make anything look great ;)

3) I'll tag some of the builders to get their opinions. @Discoloration @TheAdventurerMM @TlmeLord (won't tag Efcluke unless the other builders think its good enough for the final judge)

4) Here's my judging:
    Pros:
    I like the abstraction in parts of the builds, and overall it looks really nice. The terraforming is smooth, trees are custom made, and a big spotlight, the house makes it a full build. Good job.

Cons:
    Some of your block choices don't make sense. Why do you have a nether soul sand with netherwart if you're in a green hill zone? Try to stick with a common theme, otherwise it doesn't make sense (or post your theme so we know what you're building.) Secondly, try to break up the hill zone with a few blocks other than grass. Even with the height gradient, it can be a little more visually appealing. Try placing a few flowers (DONT BONEMEAL) and/or blocks that go with grass, and break up the plain space a bit ;) Thirdly, the pool in the middle could be made a little more organic, it seems squarish right now in some angles of the pics you posted. Maybe experiment with making it a little deeper, or having leafs/bushes crawling into it? Experiment. Finally, the little stone overhang you have in a corner, try experimenting with changing some of them with cobblestone, or use buttons, different accessories so it looks less flat and more visually appealing.

Overall, your application build is better than the majority we've seen. Now its up to what others say, good luck! ;)

5. Walker_Walkis

Walker_Walkis Member

I like it but it seems kind of contradictory if you know what I mean. The castle looks pretty cool and all but it seems like it would fit better in a darker sort of environment. Same thing with the nether warts, they look kind of out of place in the green fields. If you are going for a darker more evilish look then maybe change the biome to something where the grass looks less green, or if you are going for a shire type look (pardon the LOTR refrence) then make some of the scenery look more inviting. The pool does look a little squareish like Trickmaster said but other then that it looks pretty amazing good luck!

6. johnyestaloca

johnyestaloca Member

You just told him everything I wanted to tell...
    Good job :p

7. johnyestaloca

johnyestaloca Member

Oh, and maybe add some more podzol and gravel? Also try to use some ores. (like coal)

8. Stefanvld

Stefanvld Sr. Mod Staff Member Sr. Moderator

i do stuff
    Hmmm

More terraforming, I was on the plot. Why didn't you made the inside of the castle? I would build more plots with different themes to show that you can build more than just that style

Accountrowan01 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.