1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassinations Disconnections

Discussion in 'Bug Reports/Support' started by iLoveYouu, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iLoveYouu

iLoveYouu Mod Staff Member Moderator

After the update of assassinations the servers for it get automatically added, but they also get automatically removed when there's for example not many players on it anymore. I usually join the first server in the list of servers for assassinations, everytime after around 30 minutes the server shuts down. This wouldn't be the biggest deal if it happened time to time or if you keep your items, but it happens very often and it makes you lose all your items everytime (I've probably lost like 5-10 full diamond sets etc. to it now already). The solutions for this would probably be just having 3 servers with a playercount of 100 that never close down when there's a low amount of people like it used to be before the update with only one server. Another solution would be that players keep there items everytime they 'safely' disconnect like it used to be before the update. The last solution would be that the server automatically finds out if the server crashes/shuts down and then players would keep their stuff, but if players disconnect themselves they won't keep their items.

Snap likes this.
  2. De_Kerstmarkt

De_Kerstmarkt Member

Still lazy
    I think its not the first time...

3. HarryVanSunweb

HarryVanSunweb Member

Selling trips to the sun
    Home Page:
    This is indeed so annoying, it happened to me many times.

I hope they'll make 3 servers with a player count of 100 persons that never shut down. As you suggested. :)

4. DutchLemur

DutchLemur Mod Staff Member Moderator

Yes, it's annoying. That's why I don't play assassinations anymore.

5. Orangeric88

Orangeric88 Mod Staff Member Moderator

-=-+EggWars+ -=-
    Home Page:
    I'm sure that the CubeCraft Staff are aware of this glitch, since many people are reporting that CubeCraft has been laggy over the few days.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EggWars Master :) (Over 200+ wins)
    In game lvl: 30+ :eek: (Sorry still newbie)
    Goal: :cube: Staff:):)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

6. iLoveYouu

iLoveYouu Mod Staff Member Moderator

It has nothing to do with lag, also you can put the stuff you put in the bottom of your message here --> https://www.cubecraft.net/account/signature So you won't have to copy/paste it everytime lol... The problem is that the servers close down when there's a low amount of players online, but with games like assassinations it's really annoying and it should be changed because it takes a while to get good stuff and then you just lose it everytime because the server shuts down..

7. Orangeric88

Orangeric88 Mod Staff Member Moderator

-=-+EggWars+ -=-
    Home Page:
    I see... I will notify the CubeCraft Staffs ASAP + I don't do signatures, since my signature doesn't meet the requirements. @johncoles

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EggWars Master :) (Over 200+ wins)
    In game lvl: 30+ :eek: (Sorry still newbie)
    Goal: :cube: Staff:):)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  8. Tacosbefriends

Tacosbefriends Admin Staff Member Administrator

Snarky Internet Man
    Home Page:
    I can definitely see why this would be frustrating. Let me explain what's happening:

Cubecraft uses a dynamic server system that makes our available servers more fluid. This system allows us to take servers away from less popular games and reallocates those servers to more popular games so that we don't run out of servers. Games with more players take priority over games with less, so those servers get taken away and given to the more popular game. When an Assassins server only has a few players online, it's fairly low priority and is liable to get transferred over to a game like Skywars or Eggwars. Here's a terrible MS Paint drawing that explains it visually.
    upload_2016-5-20_17-11-45.png
    So basically, blame Skywars and Eggwars. I'll see about getting some more stable servers for Assassins and hope it gets fixed soon, but the way the server system works, that's a LOT harder than it sounds.

iLoveYouu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.