1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Adv.Parkour]District 0 (Blooberry)

Discussion in 'Parkour' started by Blooberry, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blooberry

Blooberry Member

Professional Giraffe Wrangler
    District 0
    District 0 is a map made by me (BlueberryWaffle7/Blooberry). Started on December 26th after a music-based trip to Chicago. Made in the span of about 1.5 months, this build is designed to support adventure parkour, along with having some unique features that you will seldom find in other adventure parkour builds.

Story
    You and your friend, Robert (Yes, I am lazy with names), decided to go on a helicopter trip after you both graduated from flight school. You both rent a helicopter, one white and one yellow. As you both flew across the area, your instruments start to act strange. Your GPS and your altimeter are all acting odd. When your flight controls themselves start to break down, your helicopters are tragically sent into a rapid decline.

You land somewhat safely, though you are confused as to what just happened. Robert's helicopter can barely be seen on the horizon. Oddly enough, for such a big city, you see no one walking around. You think to yourself, it must just be during work/school hours. You slowly make your way towards Robert's crashed helicopter, navigating around, through, and underneath unstable buildings. You then start to wonder why it is that such a big and prosperous city is virtually empty.

In another building, you see in the office's mailbox, that a newspaper explains of a deadly virus-based agent that was applied to the water. Once you see that, you start to think that it was a good thing that you avoided the water in a sewer earlier. As you progress, you see another person's office with a more recent newspaper, saying that the agent has started go travel via the air.

Robert is very close by now, but he looks to be in terrible condition, but still breathing. You make your way up the final building and find him clinging onto life. You grab the gas masks from his helicopter's emergency kit, and use the radio to call for backup.

Screenshots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Details
    Plot ID; -174;130
    Theme: City
    Co-Ords of start; -15737, 105, 11681 (White helicopter)
    Golden Pressure plates are checkpoints
    Iron Pressure Plates are start/finish
    For most of the downward parkour, 4-5 block drop=Restart CP (whatever fall would cause damage)

Known Issues:
    -There are no walls, as I could not find room on my plot to actually add them. If needed, however, I do have a design for the exterior walls. I just cannot make this on the plot due to lack of room.

That is really all I can think of mentioning.
    While this is a map submission I am still accepting criticism/ideas to improve.

[​IMG]

2. Drew McNamee

Drew McNamee Member

(I was focusing more on the visuals rather than the parkour. Parkour isn't my specialty. :) )
    Based on the story it seems that it's a very thrilling and action packed parkour map, or something dark, The map seems really colourful and hard to take seriously because of the difference between the visuals and the story, because it has a dark story and a colourful looking map with simplistic looking buildings. a bit of destruction and fire might add a little more atmosphere in my opinion, we can see what everyone else thinks.

I really like the story, not too advanced or complicated, but not too simple or childish. I think the average player on the server could easily be grasped and hooked by the map and story, you just have to tell it right and it should be a success of an Adventure Parkour map.

All in all, I think that this is really nice and simple, but it isn't Parkour builder material compared to what has been built or what the parkour builders already can build, you'll need to do better or level in story and quality with them if you really want to get this position. Really Cool but needs improvement to the map itself.

3. YounB

YounB Mod Staff Member Moderator

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I was there in-game. Although it can be rage inducing, it's a pretty good map :)!

4. Trickmaster

Trickmaster Member

I checked it out in person, the story is very engaging, and I liked how you smoothly incorporated the parkour into the story with reasons like "the water was contaminated." and such.

While it won't win any awards from the exterior for beauty, its relatively easy to navigate and isn't hard to find where to go. Puzzles were incorporated that gave it a little more spice, and it was a good experience.

Overall, I say I like it, so good job and good luck :)

5. boyracer10

boyracer10 Member

fnhfnhsg
    I like it :D it doesn't have to much detail, but the style it is done in doesn't need it that much anyways. However this is only looking at the pics. Will comment on the story line parkour etc soon :D

6. noodles77

noodles77 Member

Hobo
    You put a lot of effort into this, and for that I say, "Jolly good! Jolly good show!"
    [​IMG]

YounB, Blooberry and Trickmaster like this.
  7. johnyestaloca

johnyestaloca Member

:p:p:p
    Warning, I already died 2 times on this map. Its way 2 dangerous if you aint Spider-Man... No just kidding, I like it :p

8. Maceshank

Maceshank Member

PLAYING CCG!!! XD :D
  9. Blooberry

Blooberry Member

Professional Giraffe Wrangler
    Minor update, but I added an evac vehicle to the story line and edited the signs appropriately.

[​IMG]

10. YounB

YounB Mod Staff Member Moderator

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  11. _Patrickk

_Patrickk Member

Dis map + lag + ton of crashing = mega rage

Blooberry likes this.
  12. Hallucinated

Hallucinated Member

Editing
    Eh, the story is good.. But from looking at the build, you can't tell what it is, at all.
    The only thing regonizable that makes it a city is the road and heli pad, everything else just looks out of place and just used for fillers.
    You have put a lot of effort into it, the visuals just don't impress me. The story is amazing, but it doesn't make up for the awkward build.
    Denied, you may try again in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.