Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

lAngelP

Feb 1, 2016
I have just woke up, and in one of the forums there are 3 pages full of spam, so, my suggestion is either add a captcha when you are posting to prevent bots, or add some kind of antispam (eg. if you have just created a post, you won't be able to make a new thread in the next 2-5 minutes), or if the web detects you are posting to much similar content, disable you creating new threads until a mod checks your posts (the post you have created last would become private), or add all of them.

Reactions: ItzDelano

lAngelP

Feb 1, 2016
I think CubeCraft needs to check where the ip's come from. I guess the advertisers are from India, if this is true they can ban India.
+1
It's not fair ban all the India IPs. There are lots of legal users from there that might want to enter Cubecraft. And the IPs might be proxies. So banning IPs won't do anything.

Reactions: ItzDelano

lAngelP

Feb 1, 2016
I don't know any Indian people on the forum.

We can't stop the proxies...
As we will never be able to stop the proxies, that's why I said the post idea, some antispam. The fact that you don't know anybody from India (Either do I), doesn't mean there are or not.

lAngelP

Feb 1, 2016
Best way is to get reCAPTCHA.
Will make staff's life easier as well.
That's one idea, I just added more than one, all the ideas that I thought. And another one is using just one account (Minecraft Account, I'll explain this in a later post) and with a command from the server /register or /web give the user a register code to create an account (I've coded that before and is easy).

TlmeLord

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
On top of Rororoyourboat
That's one idea, I just added more than one, all the ideas that I thought. And another one is using just one account (Minecraft Account, I'll explain this in a later post) and with a command from the server /register or /web give the user a register code to create an account (I've coded that before and is easy).
Nah I say just add CAPTCHA when you register. It should do the trick.

lAngelP

Feb 1, 2016
Nah I say just add CAPTCHA when you register. It should do the trick.
That could work, but I still think that, if the web detects that you're posting too much new threads or posts that don't have more than x characters, it should do something, as it is likely to be spam. I don't say just 2 or 3 posts, but 5-10 posts in 10 minutes could be. Or disable you creating theads in 5-10 minutes when you create a new one. Something like that.

The idea in the last post was to make the forum robust, all the accounts are linked to Minecraft accounts, and the % of fake accounts is less than using other systems.

lAngelP

Feb 1, 2016
Bump. The spam continues (now it's less common, but it's still there), what will CubeCraft do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Finally some free time in the upcoming days. Time to play sw and skyblock hehehehhe
Eli wrote on Eli Shane's profile.
Legend
Eli
This app feature is so convenient!

1713280002706.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
Cool person appreciation moment!:D
Top Bottom