1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A thread to clear stuff up.

Discussion in 'Factions - Survival' started by allstarninja, Dec 31, 2014.

1. allstarninja

allstarninja Member

Home Page:
    Recently, whilst playing Factions, I've been noticing a drastic increase in people being confused with the new Factions system of claiming and selling land. So I made this:

The command /f claim (Used to claim land) now actually takes a third, and sometimes even forth parameter. These being the claim types (o, a, f, s, c and all) or Faction name (just enter your Factions name for this one).

So let's say you wanted to claim the chunk you were within you would take /f claim o. The "o" meaning one chunk. This command simply completes the old /f claim function. Neat, right?

[​IMG]

This is where it becomes more interesting. The new parameters (a, f, s, c and all) can be used to carry out other tasks. I will talk you through the functions of each new parameter and possible uses:

Firstly we come to "a", this allows you to claim chunks as you walk around! So you can simply would around in your newly furnished base and claim all the chunks to make it safe.

[​IMG]

To disable it you simply type the command into chat again.

[​IMG]

The second new parameter is "f", which means fill. This could be used to quickly claim a large area of land that is encased by land you have already claimed!

[​IMG]

After using the command:

[​IMG]

The next parameters completes a function that was, already, achievable before the update. "s", meaning square, allows you to claim all chunks within a given radius of your player! Helpful for quickly claiming a sweet new base.

In this example I used /f claim s 2:

[​IMG]

This is what the land looked like on /f map:

[​IMG]

The forth new parameter is incredibly similar! However, instead of claiming in a sqaure, it claims within a circle around your player.

Here's an example where I typed /f claim c 3:

[​IMG]

This is what the land looked like on /f map:

[​IMG]

Now for the final parameter "all". This allows the player to claim all the land or all the land in the current /f map. This parameter requires a "sub parameter" or two, which allow for more specification on what you'd like to achieve.

These are "map" or "all". You can probably guess what both sub parameters do. Whilst using this command you also have to type your Factions name.

All of these commands can be used in the /f unclaim command with their respective parameters!

I hoped this helped everyone who was having issues! Thanks for reading.

2. allstarninja

allstarninja Member

Home Page:

I'm sorry for all the typoes and other mistakes. I was in a rush...

TangoRaptor_ likes this.
  3. Masouri

Masouri Member

Perfecto ally just work on spelling

TangoRaptor_ and allstarninja like this.
  4. allstarninja

allstarninja Member

Home Page:

5. Catzore <3 Taco's

Catzore <3 Taco's Member

Artist (More of a hobby)
    I only found 1 mistake .- .
    Back on topic: This is a great guide for people who dont know much about claiming and all that stuff i did not even want to read it all because im really lazy and my brain way to fragile to remember all this techno stuff .-. No questions...

6. SpecForxaGaming:3

SpecForxaGaming:3 Member

Gaming:o
    Im so lazy too but i read it all:p