1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question regarding rule 29

Discussion in 'Bug Reports/Support' started by Snap, Jun 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snap

Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

29- Don't purposefully camp. e.g. camping at top of snowman on Kit PvP 1 knocking players off.
    The rule states that purposefully camping is against the rules, but to which extent can somebody be punished for this? Does this mean that camping on your starting island all game on skywars is against the rules, or does this only apply to spawn campers? Would this also include quakecraft spawnkilling or paintball? The rule is very vague and doesn't expand on which games a player can be punished in for 'purposefully camping'.

My main question here is does this rule apply to spleef? Spleef is my new favorite gamemode, but you occasionally find that one guy that'll smash all the blocks around him and won't listen to reason. I even tried threatening to report the player, but he just kept spinning around.
    2015-06-05_10.22.13.png
    If this is against the rules, then how would we go about reporting one of these pesky campers? I recall hearing that we have to report them camping in more than one game, but most of the time you're probably not going to see the player again. Could we report them with warnings? I have been in this game for 13 minutes now and I am getting sick of these people camping all day and being unable to do anything about it but wait them out and hope that they leave the game. :I

2. PartyBlaze

PartyBlaze Member

I agree, but I think this is covered by the rule. If you'd report this in the 'Report A Player' section, the player would probably get punished.
    But the rule could use some expansion ;)

Snap likes this.
  3. Fluffys_gurl

Fluffys_gurl Member

For the spleef I've witnessed it they have listened but while they did it I thought maybe when we break a block we get snowballs with a Max of 16 so much you can still easily kill them if they decide to camp

Colourlight likes this.
  4. Snap

They could just stand in a corner though and it won't bother them at all :I
    Nice profile pic + signature btw, pretty c:

5. ImABubbleHead

ImABubbleHead Sr. Mod Staff Member Sr. Moderator

Hey! Regarding your issue on camping, you have to use your judgement as to what may be intentional or unintentional e.g Your situation will be intentional has he purposely created an issue which causes an unfair advantage to other users... Unintentional would be an example of lagging/connection issues which cause them to freeze for a certain period of time...

Camping will occur in many games within CCG, spawn camping has minimised in Quakecraft and Painball, as you can't kill someone for a few seconds after they re-spawn. As for skywars, killing as they fall out the glass in my opinion is an exception as its a tactical game you must think ahead as what your opponents moves are, may be annoying however they're using there initiative to eliminate there opponents whilst they're vulnerable...

As for filing the report, you will format it the same as normal reports however punishments will may be temporary as this offence isn't a severe one. However I do agree this rule does have to be more specific as to what can be reported and what is classed for a valid report. I'm guessing warn them a few times in the current game then file a report.. You can screenshot the current time and date on your laptop/computer and then the future time as to how long they camped... Rules are made to be followed, which can be enforced when someone has breached it...

6. Snap

Thanks, explained basically everything perfectly. :)

7. SevereWarning

SevereWarning Member

not much
    Do you want this locked Snap

8. Snap

Yeah, i think this can be locked now :)

Colourlight likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.