1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'SkyBlock' started by LogBot, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LogBot

LogBot Member

Eating Pie
    I have spent so much time getting villagers, 2-3 months just to get them all. I logged in to skyblock today, and like 1 minute after it said something like "ALL intense server activity is enabled" To check if everything was okay, I went by my iron farm to see my villagers. The ones near the bottom were okay, but the ones creating the iron golems all disappeared. I spent so much time breeding them, trading with some, and I only had them in 1 pod. There was around 80 villagers in there. Thats also the place where I got new villagers to trade with. Did an admin or someone clear all mobs, because I'm pretty mad right now that I lost all the "breeding" villagers from my island.

2. Catzore <3 Taco's

Catzore <3 Taco's Member

Artist (More of a hobby)
    Skyblock is getting worse and worse isn't it.....

Snap and CameronMan1 like this.
  3. ItsYaBoyJavid

ItsYaBoyJavid Member

Gaming
  4. LogBot

LogBot Member

Eating Pie
    Plus, even though this was my fault, I walked straight into the void because I wasnt paying attention and lost my eff. 5 pickaxe...

5. Jinjo

Jinjo Member

box cleaner
    That's why entities get removed because people make lag machines out of them by having large quantities of villagers/chickens/sheep at once... Daily you can get 1000+ of each entity type removed (I tend to do Chickens as they are easy to get back and Sheep very infrequent only when there is extreme lag.

ItsYaBoyJavid likes this.
  6. LogBot

LogBot Member

Eating Pie
    But I have a question, if the ones in the pod got cleared, why didnt the ones I trade with disappear? None of them were gone... besides the breeding ones.

7. LogBot

LogBot Member

Eating Pie
    But why do villagers when people (like me) put large effort into getting them, to have near 100 get destroyed? Why not cows or pigs, or anything else?

8. Marco Slater

Marco Slater Owner Staff Member Owner

Pushing buttons for Digital Tree Media.
    Home Page:
    We generally clear all entities when the sky block server reaches absurd amounts, say 4000-6000 entities can be on the server, that causes that server to lag very badly, and then users complain. Now, if you take that number and divide it by the average users who have an island, you can see that single users can have a massive amount of entities (mobs) on their islands.

I personally found users who had 400 chickens on a 4x4 space on their island, and then users complain the server lags, you don't say?

Unfortunately we have to do it, theres not much else to it. We're working on a solution that will clear entities automatically once the server starts lagging.

Thread Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.